Smugga

Smugga

 

Club: Mid Yell then Lerwick

 

Built by: Walter Shewan of Fetlar, c. early 1920’s and named after a place in Fetlar.

 

Owned and Sailed by: Addie Sandison and his son Billy Sandison

 

Inter-Club Sailing Details: winner of 3 Linklater Cups in 1954, 1956-57.

 

Note: In his book “The Sixereen and her racing descendants” published in 1954, Charles Sandison describes the building of the Still, Smugga and Miss Gadabout by Walter Shewan as “milestones in the development of the racing model in Shetland”

 

Note: pre-war the Smugga was sailed by Willie Hoseason of Gutcher.

 

Logo.png
LPA-Logo-CMYK.jpg
IC dinghies 11.08.19 041.JPG